We are looking for a competent Leasing Consultant to undertake the leasing activities on behalf of property owners. The successful candidate will effectively explore the market to identify opportunities and secure residents.
Responsibilities include: (but are not limited to)
- Present apartments, homes or other properties to prospective clients in a persuasive manner
- Assist residential landlords in discovering suitable residents
- Promote unoccupied properties through various media and advertising techniques
- Evaluate clients’ requirements and financial prosperity to make personalized presentations
- Provide accurate information on the different features of properties
- Validate application information and references
- Negotiate leasing terms and complete agreements
- Ensure proper maintenance and inspect properties periodically
- Complete Follow up in a timely manner.
- Property and Competition Knowledge – knows company policies, procedures, lease, and amenities. Knows competition pricing, specials, policies, amenities, and availability.
Resident Service and People Relations:
- Provides customer service and supports the company’s commitment to go above and beyond residents’ expectations in a professional, warm and helpful manner
- Able to resolve problems in a professional, friendly manner and knows when to defer an upset resident.
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Continues communication with residents through resolving the situation.
- Facilitates positive interactions with current and future residents, contractors, vendors, coworkers, management, and sister properties.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner verbally and through written communication.
- Prepares leasing applications, scanning & pre-approval of applications, and regularly required paperwork with little to no error, and on time
- Answers phones and makes contact via in person/phone call/ text & email pertaining to leasing
- Schedules move-in appointments for resident orientation
- Maintenance requests are filled out in detail, with proper descriptions of issue. Follow up with maintenance and residents is done upon completion for new move-ins.
- Tracks showing of appointments and schedule move ins
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years’ customer service and sales experience required
- Previous experience in apartment leasing is a plus
- Customer-focused employment experience is desirable
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel)
- Knowledge in DocUsign is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building ability
- High attention to detail, organization and follow through
- Is dependable, self-motivated with the ability to positively resolve conflicting issues
- Results oriented
- Ability to be at work regularly and on time.
- Ability to work weekends or extended hours as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license & clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation required